Is there any tool to create a new partition on windows CE device?
Device has a NAND flash memory and initially there were two partitions. Using Storage manager in Control Panel I was able to delete one partition but when I want to create it again, I get an error message: "Unable to create partition".
With the source code of Windows CE 6 you get the
BootPart library source code. The location for the source is
Inside Bootpart.cpp you can find the function
BP_OpenPartition that opens/creates a new partition. It basically adds information to the MBR.
The above solution is a bit low level. Here is a way to do it through Win32 API (taken from here):
- Call OpenStore to get a handle to the store
- Dismount the store using DismountStore
- FindFirstPartition/FindNextPartition will iterate over existing partitions and DeletePartition will delete those that can be deleted.
- GetStoreInfo will get you the number of sectors available for creating a new partition (
- Use CreatePartition to create the partition.
All the pointers to the functions and more information about the storage manager can be found here: Storage Manager Reference
You can see that the links I provided indicate that the functions work on both Windows Mobile 6 and Windows CE 6. Non of the functions are new functionality so they should also work with Windows CE 5.